Thursday, January 12, 2012

Things I've learned during my couponing adventures....

There are certain things that stick out in my mind when I start talking about couponing...Yes, I can tell you how to use coupons, match sales, etc.  but past that, here are some things that may be helpful to your couponing adventure...it's been helpful to mine :)

1. Carry your store policies in with you...I suggest using a binder and if you have one, this part isn't even going to be an issue because you can put your policies in the binder and have them with you all the time. You should carry your store policies with you because sometimes employees do not understand(maybe out of ignorance or just laziness) the store policy so sometimes if you want to get something done, pulling out the policy is the only way...
2. Double check your receipts. I cannot tell you how many times I have walked out of a store only to realize that there were missed coupons. Count and recount the amount of coupons that you have. Lately, I've been counting the total number of coupons and the value of the coupons. If you are at a store and you realize after checking out that they have missed coupons, go to customer service along with your receipt and they will normally give you cash back at any store.
3. Know the difference in a PURCHASE and a TRANSACTION. This is my hugest pet peeve about cashiers...I wish they would post a page up at every register in the stores that are picky about this explaining what a purchase is and what a transaction is...For those of you who are reading this and have no clue what the difference in these two things are...here's your answer :) 1. A purchase is each item that you are purchasing...If you are buying 100 items, you are making 100 purchases. 2. A Transaction is each time you go through a line and buy something.
4. You should know why you are doing something. For instance, if I go into CVS and I'm using a mfr. coupon and a CVS store coupon and the cashier tells me that I can't use both then I should be able to explain why I can use both to the cashier. Sometimes it takes being stern to get things done and letting the cashier(and sometimes management) that you are knowledgeable and not just guessing if it is correct or not. I have had instances at Wal-Mart where the cashier and manager would not accept a coupon because it would give me overage. I stood  in line and personally called customer service to get the problem resolved.
5. Don't be afraid to ask for management or call the corporate office of stores....Sometimes doing this is what it takes to get employees trained correctly. For instance, The South PX at Fort Bragg gave me issues with price matching a grocery store. After pulling out the policy, the manager had no earthly idea what she was talking about and after going around and around with her, I finally just walked out. I stood in the parking lot and called the corporate office and within 24 hours received a call from the manager of the South PX apologizing and I ended up with a $10 gift card to the PX. Now, I didn't do it to get any gift card but mainly to let them know there was a problem so that it could be fixed.

Hopefully, these tips will help you out as they have helped me in the past!


CouponingMama FortBragg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment