Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FYI regarding Wal-marts coupon policy

    Because Wal-Mart is such a large business, you will find that you are told different things at different places so I'm going to clarify everything I've said regarding their policies as it has been taken to other FB pages and blogs and my wording as been changed around. This is exactly how drama gets started so before it goes any further, I'm putting a stop to it. 


-I do teach in my classes that SOME Wal-Marts will allow special ordering. This is totally true! I even had someone in a class not to long ago that said they allowed her to special order just one of something(I think it was a pair of shorts). I've also had friends that order multiple cases of items and got them in just fine. Again, this is why I say SOME NOT ALL will allow it. If you are trying to special order at any Wal-mart ask customer service about it first and if they have no clue what you are talking about, ask to speak with the department manager. Sometimes you'll hit the jackpot and sometimes you wont...


-I also teach that SOME Wal-Marts will price match the commissary. Now, how they price match will again depend on your cashier, that stores "policy" and the management team. The management team of each Wal-Mart has the ability to "add" to their policy meaning that if they decide to take a price that's not listed in the ad and price match it, they can do that. I was told personally at the Spring Lake Wal-Mart that they would price match the commissary and could call to verify it if they questioned it. Again, it's a by manager/store situation as I've seen many people on my Facebook page and blog say they've had problems at the Spring Lake Wal-mart. The ad DOES say that it has to be advertised price so do not get upset if you ask for an unadvertised price and do not get it.


    If it is something listed in the policy specifically and they do not allow it, then contact the corporate office of Wal-Mart but if it's something that a manager is allowing that is not written in the policy then not sure it's going to do much good for you to contact them as it's up to management themselves. 


    I hope this helps clarify some things as I don't want anyone to think that I'm telling anyone the wrong things because believe me I DO NOT want anyone to learn the wrong way of couponing. 


    Wal-Mart continues to be one of my favorite stores because of their coupon policy but it's just like any other store, people may not fully understand their own stores coupon policy and it causes problems when you have multiple couponers being told different things by store and by corporate. 


Tiffany 

No comments:

Post a Comment